11.06.2012

a confession

One of my favorite parts about blogging is reading the comments you leave every day & meeting you via twitter, over email, & in person. I am obviously in love with fashion and I love meeting other men & women that share my passion.

Throughout the lifespan of this blog, I have gone back & forth entertaining the idea of making it more personal & conversational. There are a few key factors that come into play while making this decision & while I am not quite decided on the issue I wanted to take this opportunity to share a few things with you, my loyal readers.

I plan to post every day. 
Why? Because this is one of my passions in life & I am constantly creating content that I cannot wait to share with you!
So far...this plan has been working quite well. However, I do work Monday thru Friday in an industry completely unrelated to the fashion world. This job is also one of my passions. Unfortunately, the two very rarely coincide.
My day job, like many extraordinarily important things in life, requires time, effort, & sacrifice, which I do not mind in the slightest because I am absolutely in love with it.
This means that sometimes...like today...I am unable to publish an outfit post. 
While I wish it were possible to get these posts out to you every Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, my travel schedule & photographer just don't sync up sometimes. Leaving me outfit post-less. 
It doesn't mean that I've lost interest. It doesn't mean that I don't care. It doesn't mean that I won't continue to post outfits. It simply means that life is getting the best of this government employee by day, blogger by night, twenty-something year old.

I thank you so much for your understanding & patience & I ask that you please bear with me during the days where a little bit of the unexpected shows up on this page. In the coming weeks you will be seeing a few subtle content changes [the first of which will premiere tomorrow] & I hope you'll speak up about your opinions. There's nothing I love more than feedback from you

8 comments:

  1. So appreciate your honesty - and sometimes feel the same way. I hate having to "throw together" posts to justify my daily content commitment, especially when I feel like it isn't my best work. It's the tough part about blogging but it's good to remember that readers will stay even if one day goes by! :)

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing the tweaks, but don't even worry! we can wait a day or two for good content - after all, that's why we keep coming back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I feel ya. I skip posts all the time because life happens, no apology necessary.

    xx,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed by anyone who can do outfit posts on a regular basis because when do they find the daylight?!?!?! I got home yesterday at 6pm and it was DARK already.

    Miss you.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to say sorry! Plus I like you so its cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's totally okay ! I decided to post every other day on my blog wich is way less stressfull and manageable with my dayjob, wich is pretty time consuming. I know were you come from !
    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your effort and love are clearly visible. As a relatively new reader you have quickly become a daily read for me. I mean it when I say read, because some blogs I only look at. I am newly blogging and am a lawyer at a bank so I feel your pain. I'd love to hear how you balance the 2 and make sure they both stay labors of love.

    Your honesty is refreshing!

    Thanks,
    jane

    thechiccurator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be too hard on yourself! If you have a full-time job, I don't see how you could post every day unless you did nothing else. I aim for every other day and even that is sometimes a struggle. I think readers appreciate quality over quantity--and everybody loves honesty!

    christineincolor.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make my day sparkle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover